- Ghosts of Sugar Land was awarded The Short Film Jury Award: Non-fiction at the Sundance Film Festival this year
- Logline: In Sugar Land, Texas, a group of young Muslim American men ponder the disappearance of their friend “Mark,” who is suspected of joining ISIS.
- Director: Bassam Tariq
- Screenwriters: Bassam Tariq, Thomas Niles
- Producers: Farihah Zaman, Bassam Tariq
- Director Of Photography: Jake Saner
- Editor: Thomas Niles
- Executive Producers: Field of Vision’s Laura Poitras, Charlotte Cook
- Composer: Forest Swords
- Ghosts of Sugar Land can next be seen at SXSW and the True/False Film Festival
- Netflix is the home to great documentary shorts, including End Game and Period. End of Sentence., two films nominated in the Documentary Short category of the 91st Academy Awards®, as well as previous Academy Award nominees Heroin(e) , and Extremis, and Academy Award winner The White Helmets
ABOUT Bassam Tariq
Bassam Tariq is a TED Fellow and was one of Filmmaker’s “25 New Faces of Independent Film.” His first feature film, These Birds Walk, was named one of the 50 best foreign films of the 21st century by The New Yorker. Tariq was an inaugural fellow of Sundance Institute’s Art of Non-Fiction Program. He is currently in pre-production for his next film in London, England.