- Netflix and Treehouse Pictures reunite Zoey Deutch, Glen Powell and writer/producer Katie Silberman in a new romantic comedy, tentatively titled Most Dangerous Game, set to go into production in early 2020
- Deutch will next be seen starring in Ryan Murphy’s The Politician for Netflix which will release in September and recently wrapped production on Zombieland 2 for Sony Pictures, releasing in October. Her film Buffaloed, which she also produced, premiered at the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Powell is currently filming Jerry Bruckheimer Films/Paramount Pictures’ Top Gun: Maverick with Tom Cruise and Jennifer Connelly for release in Summer 2020.
- Silberman most recently wrote and produced the upcoming feature Booksmart. The film, which is directed by Olivia Wilde, opens May 24th and premiered at last month’s South by Southwest Film Festival to rave reviews. Silberman’s script for Set It Up was on the 2015 Blacklist and she also wrote Isn’t It Romantic, starring Rebel Wilson, Adam Devine and Liam Hemsworth.
- Producers: Treehouse Pictures’ Juliet Berman and Justin Nappi, Katie Silberman
- Executive Producers: Deutch and Powell
- QUOTE FROM JUSTIN NAPPI: “The pairing of Zoey and Glen’s undeniable spark with Katie’s razor sharp dialogue was such an important factor in the success of Set It Up and we cannot wait to build on that even more with Most Dangerous Game. While it was clear that audiences were clamoring for a sequel, we are excited by the thought of creating a new, distinct film that explores different romantic comedy tropes while still being anchored in everything that we loved about the first movie.”
- Most Dangerous Game joins Set it Up in the catalogue of Treehouse Pictures films that includes Sand Castle, directed by Fernando Coimbra and starring Nicholas Hoult and Henry Cavill; That Awkward Moment, written and directed by Thomas Gormican and starring Zac Efron, Imogen Poots, Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan; All is Lost, starring Robert Redford and directed by J.C. Chandor; and Arbitrage, directed by Nicholas Jarecki and featuring Richard Gere in his Golden Globe-nominated role as Robert Miller.
ABOUT TREEHOUSE PICTURES
Founded in 2011 and headed by president Justin Nappi, Treehouse Pictures is a leading independent film finance and production company that focuses on working with dynamic filmmakers who possess a strong vision, while leveraging its industry relationships to partner, package and create compelling films for the global marketplace. In 2018, Treehouse released the critically acclaimed romantic comedy SET IT UP through Netflix starring Zoey Deutch, Glen Powell, Taye Diggs, and Lucy Liu, directed by Claire Scanlon and written/produced by Katie Silberman.
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.