Production on the Live Action Family Movie Commences This Week in Vancouver
- Based on an original screenplay by Larry Postel.
- Director: Jay Karas (Ali Wong: Hard Knock Wife, Break Point, Parks & Recreation)
- Producers: WWE Studios’ Richard Lowell
- Executive Producers: WWE Studios’ Susan Levison, along with Maggie Malina
- Cast: Starring Seth Carr (Black Panther), Tichina Arnold (The Neighborhood, Everybody Hates Chris), Adam Pally (Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life, The Mindy Project) and Ken Marino (The Other Two, Black Monday, Bad Milo), alongside WWE superstars Kofi Kingston, The Miz and Sheamus, among others.
- Logline: After discovering a magical mask, an 11-year-old aspiring wrestler enters a competition to become the next WWE superstar.
- Production is currently underway in Vancouver and the film is expected to premiere on Netflix in 2020.
- The Main Event joins a growing slate of live action movies featuring kids and teens and made for families, which includes the upcoming comedy Tall Girl, A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting, and Hello, Universe, based on Erin Entrada Kelly’s Newbery Award-winning, New York Times bestselling novel.
- WWE Studios is WWE’s multi-platform content division that develops and produces scripted and non-scripted series, documentaries and feature films. Recent projects include Andre the Giant, the Emmy-nominated documentary in partnership with HBO, as well as hit showsTotal Divas and Total Bellas on E! and Miz & Mrs. on USA. WWE Studios also recently produced the feature film Fighting with My Family in association with MGM and Seven Bucks Productions.